- 30 Days
This course covers the spiritual and ethical aspects, and rulings relating to funeral rites, such as washing and shrouding the body, the janazah (funeral prayer), and the burial rites.
Upon successful completion, students should be able to:
- Understand the spiritual aspects of assisting the dying person and the journey of the soul
- Understand the practical matters relating to pre-burial preparation, including washing, shrouding and issuance of death certificates
- Confidently recall the Islamic law pertaining to the Janazah prayer and burial rites
- Appreciate the post-burial aspects of the Islamic tradition
- Understand the rulings of grieving and condolence